The NASA Academy Application is now available! (http://AcademyApp.com/)
The NASA academies have four concentrations: Space/Aerospace, robotics, aeronautics, and propulsion. This application serves each of the NASA centers.
These are highly intensive, very rewarding programs! The application process can be tricky, and the January 22nd deadline is approaching very quickly. If you have any questions or would like help, please contact a SEDS officer and we will be happy to help you! We want to you to be successful!
If you did not receive the official email from the folks running the Academy App, we’ve included the email body below.
The NASA Academy Application is now open!
The Academies are intensive educational programs which emphasize group activities, teamwork, research, leadership and creativity. The curriculum balances direct contact with science and engineering R&D with an awareness of the managerial, political, financial, social and human issues faced by aerospace professionals. Included are seminars, informal discussions, evening lectures, supervised research, visits to other NASA Centers and facilities, group project/s, tours, posters/presentations, and assessment. Additionally, most weekends are filled with group activities, team building and off-site trips. One free weekend is scheduled.
The Academy is not a 9-5 summer research internship program. It is a rigorous, immersive experience that will challenge you and push you outside of your comfort zones. It offers participants an intense learning experience that is either Space- or Aeronautics-based. All academy students will be immersed in a NASA environment where they will experience the agency from both inside and outside perspectives. Additionally, added interaction with NASA collaborators in industry and academia will provide unique, exciting and unforgettable summer experience designed to engage and capture students within the NASA family.
The Academies have separate focus areas: Space/Aerospace (NASA Academy), Robotics, Aeronautics, and Propulsion.
The deadline is January 22, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
You may access it at http://AcademyApp.com
This application serves the following programs:
- The NASA Academy at Ames Research Center (Mountain View, CA)
- The NASA Academy at Glenn Research Center (Cleveland, OH)
- The NASA Academy at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
- The NASA Aeronautics Academy at Ames Research Center (Mountain View, CA)
- The NASA Aeronautics Academy at Dryden Flight Research Center (Edwards AFB, CA)
- The NASA Aeronautics Academy at Glenn Research Center (Cleveland, OH)
- The NASA Aeronautics Academy at Langley Research Center (Hampton, VA)
- The NASA Propulsion Academy at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
- The NASA Robotics Academy at Ames Research Center (Mountain View, CA)
- The NASA Robotics Academy at Marshall Space Flight Center (Huntsville, AL)
You are receiving this email because you asked to be informed of other opportunities in the APL application system (APLapp.com) or the NASA Academy Application System (AcademyApp.com).
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com
Best of luck, everyone!